Magicrete’s contribution to SwasthBachche, Swasth Bharat programme
The SwasthBachche, Swasth Bharat programme by The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) of India is a giant step towards taking care of childrenâ€™s health and fitness.
Magicrete appreciates the efforts made by the UM of the HRD to enhance the overall wellbeing of Indian children by making physical and recreational activities mandatory in schools. And Magicrete is proud to make a special contribution to this commendable move undertaken by the government.
We at Magicrete are working towards a better tomorrow, by introducing product like AAC Blocks that aid sustainability.
As a leading manufacturer of green or eco-friendly building materials, Magicrete is promoting the use of AAC blocks or Autoclaved Aerated Concrete blocks made from recycled fly-ash, where fly-ash is a national waste. Used for residential, commercial and industrial buildings, these blocks are renewable, reusable and free from toxins. Their many benefits make AAC blocks ideal for the health and wellness of young children and babies too. They can be widely used in schools, preparatory schools, homes and so on.
How AAC blocks can prevent common health problems in children?
- Problems from air pollution â€“ Due to increasing air pollution, 35% of kids in India are afflicted with poor lung conditions. There are 15 to 20 million asthmatics in the country and 10 to 15% of them are children from 5 to 11 years of age. Not only are children more susceptible to respiratory problems, a massive spike of 300% has been noted in recent times. According to a research conducted by University of British Columbia, pregnant women exposed to air pollution give birth to babies who are prone to becoming asthmatic before the age of 6.
- Solution with AAC blocks â€“ AAC blocks are breathable and no air pollution is caused while manufacturing them, unlike clay bricks. Hence, the increased usage of these blocks can bring down air pollution significantly.
- Problems from noise pollution â€“A child can be harmed both psychologically and physically when exposed to very loud noises. Often, school children have been diagnosed with high blood pressure if their schools are located in noisy areas. Noise also affects a childâ€™s reading skills and concentration power, and hampers peaceful sleep.
- Solution with AAC blocks â€“Since AAC blocks are soundproof, they reduce outside noises to a minimum, ensuring good sleep and mental condition in children. Their porous nature helps them absorb sound effectively, and hence they can be used in hospitals, hotels, offices, and government and private schools too.
- Problems from fluctuating temperatures â€“In summers,children feel very uncomfortable in hot homes or schools. They are unable to sleep or study properly. And in winters, they often fall prey to common flu, runny nose, coughing and such. Extreme and fluctuating temperatures are often the cause of fevers too.
- Solution with AAC blocks â€“These blocks are thermally insulated, and keep children comfortable in all weather conditions. They keep you cool in summer and warm in winters. As they are also fire resistant, they can save you from massive fire hazards.
- Problems from moisture and pests â€“Walls infected with dew or mold can cause fungal infections in kids. Damp walls in schools and homes are hence a big problem. Insects and termites can cause many serious diseases in children and affect the overall hygiene of any residential or commercial building.
- Solution with AAC blocks â€“AAC blocks are water resistant and hence make for walls that donâ€™t encourage mildew or fungus. These blocks are resistant to pests and hence ensure a clean, healthy home or school.
More benefits of using AAC blocks
Magicreteâ€™s AAC blocks are manufactured in a non-polluting manner, consume much less energy than traditional bricks and donâ€™t contain any toxic ingredients. They are not just much lighter than clay bricks, but also more cost-effective to transport and use. They reduce the dead load of a building, making it possible to construct taller ones. As the blocks are lightweight, they also lessen the impact of earthquakes. It is easy to nail, drill, groove and mill these AAC blocks to suit individual needs, and they are available in various sizes. It is also convenient to install electrical and plumbing equipment in these blocks.
More on Magicrete
Magicrete Building Solutions is Indiaâ€™s frontline manufacturer of AAC Blocks, a technology that has turned over a new leaf in the construction Industry. A pioneer in green building materials, we were founded with the vision of introducing prefabricated construction technologies to the Indian construction and infrastructure Industry and over the years, we have regarded as a frontline producer of these blocks with two manufacturing unit in Gujarat and Haryana covering the strategic markets of West and North India respectively.
Magicrete was founded in 2008 by Alumni of the most prominent technical institutes in India including IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Lucknow. With 800,000 CBM per annum production capacity and nationwide presence in AAC Blocks market.
Magicrete is a part of a conglomerate that has an aggregate turnover of over Rs. 5 billion and is into sector like chemicals, real estate and textiles. Asserting on innovation, we have an R&D team fully equipped with the required facilities. We have also put in place processes to trace each batch of product.
More on Swasth Bachche Swasth Bharat programme
It might interest you to know that initiated by KendriyaVidyalayaSangathan or KVS, the Swasth Bachche Swasth Bharat programme was devised to benefit more than 12 lakhs KVS students. It plans to make children, teachers and even parents aware about how crucial good health is and why every child must enjoy 60 minutes of playtime every day. Children of all ages and abilities will be covered by this programme, and different physical activities and recreational games will be introduced to them. Their performance will be tracked scientifically to boost their further development.