Need of Water conservation in Construction
70% of Earth’s surface is water which makes it a most abundant resource available on Earth. But do you know 97% of the water available is saltwater? The remaining 3% is held in snow and fresh water sources out of which only 1% is available for the consumption of living beings on the planet. And what do we want to explain through this water math? The most talked about concern of the world ‘Water Conservation’.
Yes we want to talk about water conservation as we know that the construction industry is the one of the few major industries India which in total consumes almost 40.86 billion cubic meters of water every year. Not only this, the consumption of water by Indian Industries expected to increase to 91.63 billion cubic meters by 2030. In fact United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) supposes that our country will be water stressed before 2025. It is alarming because being a developing nation it is not a very good situation to be in.
Not necessarily, a green building product Magicrete AAC blocks not only conserves energy but helps saving good amount of water during construction. These light weight Autoclaved Aerated Concrete â€“ AAC Blocks require much less water in production phase as compared to traditional clay bricks. During the time of construction these blocks are joined using Dry Mix mortar called MagicBond. Since this thin-joint mortar is made of cement, graded sand and blended with polymers to impart high strength and water retention properties, it again requires much less water than to conventional mortar. It also reduces the curing time further reducing the consumption of water.
Magicrete AAC a LEED certified green building material might not be â€˜theâ€™ solution of conserving water but it surely is the first step towards prosperous future and green planet.
Save Water Save Earth
- 2019 (17)
- 2018 (15)
- 2017 (16)
- 2016 (2)
- June (2)
- 2015 (14)
- 2014 (13)