Answered: All Your Questions About Cleaning Tiles
Tiles are a versatile flooring option. However, they can lose shine and accumulate dirt buildup and stains. Here is everything to know about cleaning them.
Tiles have become a popular choice for flooring in today’s times. The choice is endless, from low cost to high, designer tiles to plain ones, and water-resistant to vinyl. Unlike marble that fades in color over time, tiles have a relatively long life. With easy maintenance and cleaning, you can enhance the life of your tiles and impress your guests with flawless flooring.
On the other hand, a dirty tile floor gives a poor presentation of your home. Despite investing your time, money, and effort in interiors and furniture, your home will not get the desired look if your tile floor is not clean. The dirt collected in the grout can breed bacteria and harm your health. Here are some most common questions asked about tile cleaning for your benefit.
How Can I Clean Tiles Naturally?
If your tiles have turned lackluster, you can follow these simple DIY methods to get them shining naturally. For individuals who prefer avoiding tile cleaning acid here are a few natural options:åÊ
To prepare this simple floor cleaning liquid, mix orange or lemon peel in 1 liter of white vinegar and leave it for about two weeks. To use thisåÊliquid, mix it with an equal amount of water. Apart from cleaning your tiles, this natural tiles cleaner liquid will also leave a fresh citrusy aroma in your house. This will work best as a kitchen or bathroom tilesåÊcleaner liquid. While this may not be the best solution for all stains, we suggest buying a tile cleaner instead.
Baking Soda Scrub
Baking Soda is one of the best natural cleansers available. To make this cleanser into an effective kitchen or bathroom tile cleaner liquid, mix baking soda with liquid dish soap, white vinegar, and warm water. Mix them well and mop your tile floor with this cleaning liquid for the floor to see an instant result. You can also use this mix to make your dull ceramics shine.
Before using these cleaners, do a patch test to see if it works effectively. Baking soda is not as effective in clearing stains as a tile cleaner.
Our flagship tile cleaner MagicBond CleanPRO has superior effectiveness compared to any other natural cleaner.
What Is Grout?
Grout is the material that is used to fill the gaps between two adjacent tiles. Over time and with tiles cleaner that has acid, this grout gets filled with dirt and grime as it is porous. It turns dark in color when not cleaned for some time. Apart from appearing dirty, it can ruin the look of your tiles.
What Should I Clean the Grout With?
For daily tile cleaning, you can mop your floor with a tile cleaner and water solution. You can also add a tile cleaner chemical like CleanPro to add shine to your tiles. Adding disinfectant to this solution will help kill harmful bacteria that may be present inside the grout.
Here is how you can deep-clean the grout at home.
- Get oxygen bleach and mix it in a bucket of water as per the directions mentioned on the product. Avoid chlorine bleach as it is toxic and can damage your tiles.
- Pour this tile cleaning liquidåÊover the grout lines. You can either use a spray bottle or a scrub brush to do this. We recommend using the latter if your grout is overly dirty.
- Let tiles cleaning liquid sit for some time. You can leave it for up to six hours. The longer you wait, the better will be the result.
- Use a soft brush to scrub the grout lines after the previous step. For best results, scrub a small area and clean with a towel.
- After cleaning all the grout lines, rinse the area with fresh water dry it with a clean cloth.
- You can use a grout sealant to protect the grout lines from getting dirty again.
How Do Professionals Clean Tiles and Grout?
The professionals follow a detailed process to clean your tiles.
- First, they will dry vacuum your floors to remove dry soil and dirt.
- Next, they will scrub the floors to remove stubborn stains. They use tile cleaners and scrubbing equipment to do this.
- They mop the floors to remove the dirt that has come out after scrubbing.
- Finally, they use steamers to remove the dirt from cracks and grout.
Is It Worth It To Have Tiles Professionally Cleaned?
To make an informed decision, here are the points you can consider.
- Time – Your time is precious and cleaning your tiles will take more time than you imagine. More so, if you have never done this before. Getting down on your hands and knees and scrubbing for hours is not easy work.
- Deep-Cleaning – Professionals are called so because of a reason. They know which cleaners work the best and the best equipment to clean the tiles. You will have to clean a couple of times before you can reach their standard of work.
- Waste of Money – Getting a professional service may be expensive, but if you compare it with the benefits, you will realize it is not so. For instance, you will have to spend money getting all the supplies like bathroom tile cleaners, scrubbers, mops, etc. What if the cleaner doesn’t do its job and has to replace it with another one? That is another unnecessary expense added to your monthly tab.
- Safety from Chemicals – Strong chemicals for tile cleaning let out fumes that may be harmful. The professionals know that to keep tiles clean, which chemical is the least harmful, and use proper protective gear to protect themselves while cleaning.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Tiles Cleaned and Sealed?
You may have to spend in the range of Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 10,000 to get your tiles cleaned. The cost will depend on the professional service you select, which tile cleaner chemical they use, and how dirty your floor is. The agency may charge you more if the grout is very dirty or has mold or mildew growing in it. However regular use of good tile cleaners can save you this one time-cost as you may not require professional service.
Which Is The Best Cleaner For Tiles?
If you are looking for the best tile cleaner liquid easy on the pocket, consider MagicBond – CleanPRO. You can use it for wall and floor tiles. It is a high-quality rapid action cleaner and effectively removes stains and retains gloss.
To Wind Up
Keeping your tiles clean is essential to making your house appear tidy. With the tips shared above, you can make an informed decision about the best chemicals for cleaning tilesåÊand grout. You can invest in a quality tile cleaner liquidåÊor call professional services to do the job for you.